Spring Cleanup Program - Monday, April 15 - Tuesday, April 30
Your cooperation will help us to provide better service to you. Please take note of the following:
After April 30th, streets will have one final pickup and will then be checked off as completed.
Once completed, crews will not return for any reason.
Only leaves placed in biodegradable leaf bags will be picked up. The biodegradable leaf bags are the only acceptable bags to use and are available, five for $2, at Village Hall.
- The cleanup will be for fallen winterkill branches and leaves only. There will be NO EXCEPTIONS!
- No pruning or brush from trees, shrubs or other material from clearing of property will be allowed.
The Highway Department does NOT pick up any of the following:
• Plastic bags
• Construction debris
• Hedge clippings or hedge trimming brush of any kind
• Grass clippings
• Potted plants
• Stumps of any kind
• Iron fence posts or any type of stakes
• Rocks or dirt
• Bricks or blocks
• Cans, bottles or garbage of any kind
• Wood or brush except winterkill
Disposal of these items is the responsibility of the individual property owner. In the past. many of these items have been mixed in with leaves or brush. This can cause serious injury to our workers and expensive damage to our machinery.
QUESTIONS? Call 631-283-2025
Southampton Village Highway Department • Paul Murphy, Supervisor