FALL CLEAN UP takes place 10/29/18 THRU 12/28/18
As per Village Code, NO CONTRACTORS shall place or have placed any leaves on Village right-of-way.
Fall leaf pickups shall be for the abutting landowner or employee thereof.
Leaves will be picked up in either of the following ways:
1. Loose leaves put in long neat piles along the road edge. NOT IN ROADWAY!
2. Leaves placed in paper Biodegradable bags. No grass clippings. Bags are available for purchase at Village Hall and various hardware stores. (plastic bags are NOT acceptable)
No land clearing or tree and shrub pruning. Mixed piles will be passed by.
The Highway Department does NOT pick up any of the following:
• Construction debris
• Hedge clippings or hedge trimming brush of any kind
• Grass clippings
• Potted plants
• Stumps of any kind
• Iron fence posts or any type of stakes
• Rocks or dirt
• Bricks or blocks
• Cans, bottles or garbage of any kind
• Wood or brush of any kind
PLASTIC BAGS WILL NO LONGER BE PICKED UP
Disposal of these items is the responsibility of the individual property owner.
In the past,many of these items have been mixed in with leaves or brush.This can cause serious injury to our workers and expensive damage to our machinery.
QUESTIONS? Call the Southampton Village Highway Department at 631-283-2025.