News Flash Home
The original item was published from 3/19/2020 1:05:27 PM to 3/19/2020 1:06:34 PM.
What's Happening in Southampton Village
Posted on: March 19, 2020
[ARCHIVED] Heart of the Hamptons responds to the Coronavirus with new protocols.
To our loyal supporters and community-
We wanted to take a moment to reach out and inform you of our updates in light of the evolving situation with COVID-19.
We have made a few changes to our procedure to ensure the safety of our clients, volunteers and employees.
Starting last Friday, March 13th, we implemented a new service protocol.
We encourage people who want to use our Food Pantry to call our office ahead (631.283.6415) so we can arrange grocery bags to accommodate their needs. We will then set up an appointment for people to come pick it up at the door. We will remain open for pre-packaged grocery bags to be picked up at the door during Food Pantry hours (Mon, Wed, Fri 10AM - 12PM). We are contacting seniors in the immediate area to see if they are in need of grocery. If additional accommodations are needed, i.e., delivery to seniors, please call to schedule an appointment.
To sum it up:
1. Our Food Pantry will remain open during regular business hours (Mon, Wed, Fri 10AM - 12PM). We will update you in the case of any changes.
2. If you are a senior or know someone who is in need of food, please call us at 631.283.6415. We can set up an appointment for pick-up or arrange for a delivery to your home.
3. The Clothing Room is closed until further notice.
4. No food or clothing donations will be accepted at this time.
5. The most effective way to help during this time is to make a monetary donation to enable us to purchase non-perishable food from our trusted distributors. Donations can be made on our website: https://heartofthehamptons.org/donate/
We understand these times are challenging- and we are here to help. Please do not hesitate to call our office if you or someone you know is in need of assistance, 631.283.6415.
Thank you to the Local Task Force for giving us up-to-date information on our community.
We wish you and your loved ones health and safety during this time.
Heart of the Hamptons