SOUTHAMPTON VILLAGE DECLARES STATE OF EMERGENCY
Monday: March 16, 2020: Mayor Jesse Warren has signed an Emergency Order declaring a State of Emergency.
Following are the details of the order:
- Effective March 16, 2020, Village Hall and all facilities are Closed To The Public. The Public may email or call firstname.lastname@example.org / 631-283-0247 ext. 222 or email@example.com / 631-283-0247 ext. 224. to address any Village business filing concerns
- Any meetings of the official Boards or committees of the Village, with the exception of the Board of Trustees, are hereby adjourned and rescheduled until after May 1, 2020.
- The Board of Trustees meeting scheduled for March 24, 2020 shall proceed with participation to be arranged remotely pursuant to the Public Officer’s Law. In the event the meeting is held in person, the public is asked not to attend unless they have an urgent matter on the agenda and is further encouraged to submit any comments or questions via email to the Village Clerk.
- All Parks and Recreation Department events are cancelled and subject to rescheduling after May 1, 2020; the playgrounds and restrooms at Agawam Park are closed.
- The Village reminds all that the Governor of the State of New York has mandated effective March 16, 2020 at 8:00 p.m., that all bars, restaurants, cafes, and concert venues will be CLOSED and will implement take-out and/or delivery only of their products.
- The Village continues to work with its government partners and/or public health advisors to immediately implement further recommended public health prevention guidance.
Except as stated above. this Order shall be effective IMMEDIATELY and shall remain in effect until removed by further order of the Mayor.
Failure to obey this order is a criminal offense, punishable by law under New York State Executive Law §24(5).
The Village is following all CDC guidelines and continues to work closely with NY State and Suffolk County Health Departments.
VILLAGE HALL CONTACT INFORMATION:
Email Russell Kratoville Village Administrator or call at 631-283-0247 ext. 224
Email Julie Fitzgerald, Assistant to the Mayor: or call at 631-283-0247 ext. 222
Email Mylene Michel-Guerra, Deputy Registrar or call at 631-283-0247 ext. 226
Email Patricia Ledermann, Deputy Village Treasurer or call at 631-283-0247 ext. 232
Email Cathy Sweeney, Deputy Village Clerk or call at 631-283-0247 ext. 219
Email Danielle Burns,Tax Receiver or call at 631-283-0247 ext. 223
Email the Building Department: or call at 631-283-0247 ext. 146 or 147
VILLAGE OF SOUTHAMPTON - Coronavirus (COVID-19) Guidance
As the Coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to spread, Village of Southampton Officials are keeping abreast of the latest reports and advisories from the New York State Department of Health and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). The CDC webpage “Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) in the U.S.” will be regularly updated at noon Monday through Friday.
In addition, the Village has coordinated their public health response with the Suffolk County Health Department. The Village is careful to note that its information comes directly from either the CDC, the New York State Department of Health, or the Suffolk County Health Department.
Per the New York State Department of Health, while there is currently no vaccine to prevent this virus, the following steps can help stop the spread of COVID-19 and other respiratory viruses:
• Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
• Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
• Stay home when you are sick.
• Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
• Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
The Village will update this Guidance as additional information becomes available.
The following is additional information provided by other agencies:
"Protect Yourself" flyer from NYS Department of Health
Letter from Suffolk County Sheriff Toulon - March 16, 2020
Centers for Disease Control & Prevention
Suffolk County - Information Update - March 11, 2020
Suffolk County Department of Health: 2019 Novel Coronavirus
Statement Update from SUNY regarding Precautionary Quarantine Initiative at Stony Brook Southampton University
Southampton Village Statement on the Coronavirus - March 10, 2020
Southampton Town Supervisor Jay Schneiderman’s Statement on the Coronavirus