The Board of Trustees and the Village of Southampton in accordance with United States Fish and Wildlife Services and New York State Department of Environmental Conservation are allowing limited 4x4 access to Road G, the "Picnic Area" beach.
- Dogs shall not be allowed on the beach.
- For the month of July or until the piping plover chicks are confirmed fledges, 4x4 access will be allowed to drive on at Jim Aery’s Way (Road G) on Saturdays, Sundays, and including Monday July 6th only during the hours 10am-6pm.
- The gate at Road F (Gary Mac’s Way) will remain locked except for emergency response. There will be no 4x4 beach driving at this location.
- Before the start of daily 4x4 access, plover monitor will inspect and locate the plover brood chicks. If any of the plover chicks are within 200 meters of the 4x4 area, all 4x4 driving will not commence. Please note 4x4 access schedule is subject to change based upon NYS DEC and US Fish and Wildlife review.
- If any of the plover broods come within 200 meters of the 4x4 area, all 4x4 driving will cease. Vehicles will be prohibited to operate on the beach until the brood leaves the 200 meter buffer or is escorted off the beach by a plover monitor or Police Officer.
- Fencing will be located on the beach from the Top of the Dune to the high-water mark to stop 4x4 access towards the brood.
PLEASE NOTE: For JULY 4th WEEKEND: DRIVE-ON BEACH ACCESS WILL BE ALLOWED AT ROAD G (Jim Aery’s Way) FRIDAY, JULY 3, SATURDAY, JULY 4, SUNDAY, JULY 5 and MONDAY, JULY 6 from 10AM - 6PM.