March 13, 2020 12:12 PM
COVID-19 / CORONAVIRUS
VILLAGE OF SOUTHAMPTON
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Guidance
As the Coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to spread, Village of Southampton Officials are keeping abreast of the latest reports and advisories from the New York State Department of Health and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). The CDC webpage “Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) in the U.S.” will be regularly updated at noon Monday through Friday.
In addition, the Village has coordinated their public health response with the Suffolk County Health Department. The Village is careful to note that its information comes directly from either the CDC, the New York State Department of Health, or the Suffolk County Health Department.
Per the New York State Department of Health, while there is currently no vaccine to prevent this virus, the following steps can help stop the spread of COVID-19 and other respiratory viruses:
• Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
• Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
• Stay home when you are sick.
• Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
• Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
The Village will update this Guidance as additional information becomes available.