Clean Water Committee
The Clean Water Committee shall function as advisory to the Village Trustees. The purpose of the committee is to assist the Village in the review of current and potential projects and procedures as they relate to Lake Agawam and general water quality throughout the Village and make recommendations to the Village Board regarding such.
John v.H. Halsey
Jesse Warren, Mayor
Kimberly Allan, Trustee
Gary Goleski, Superintendent of Public Works
CWC Meeting Minutes
Studies & Reports:
- NY DEC Harmful Algal Bloom Action Plan for Lake Agawam - April 2020
- Lake Agawam Management Plan - 2009
- Lake Agawam Action Plan Updates 2009-2019
- Lake Agawam New Hope Slide
- Lake Agawam Management Plan - Summary 2020
- Lake Agawam Management Plan 2020*
- Old Town Pond-Wickapogue Pond 2020 Mgmt Plan
- Old Town Pond-Wickapogue Pond - 2020 Management Plan Recommendations
- Old Town Pond-Wickapogue Pond - 2020 Management Plan - Integrated Strategies
* The Lake Agawam 2020 Management Plan is a draft document, created by the Clean Water Committee. The Committee has asked the Village Mayor and Trustees to adopt the 2020 Management Plan as an update to the 2009 Management Plan. The Summary is a narrative that describes elements of the Plan in greater detail.
The New York State DEC is preparing a report on Harmful Algae Blooms in Lake Agawam that is complementary to the Plan. The final version of the DEC report is expected to be issued in early March, and will be posted here when available.
Should the Village Trustees adopt the Lake Agawam 2020 Management Plan, the Committee will then focus on creating similar plans for Old Town Pond and all other bodies of water in the Village.